Journeys Out is premised on the view that community leaders
have an important part to play in peace-building. We are looking
at the reasons and motivations why individuals and communities have
sought to deal with the past, especially in relation to the conflict
in Northern Ireland.
- What work do you currently do at community level?
- How did you become involved in community relations/development
work? Was there a specific trigger or reason behind this?
- If circumstances
had been different – and there had not been
a conflict here – how might your own life have been different?
Did you always intend to engage in community relations/development
- How have you (and the community you represent) dealt with the legacy
of the conflict?
- What has been done already?
- What still
remains to be done/are there any outstanding needs?
- From your own perspective what are the challenges to you doing
this sort of work?
- At a community level
- At a personal
- How do you feel
about your own role in community relations/development work to
date – what have been the high
and low points?
- Has your approach to your work changed over the years? If so, how?
- What role/impact do you think you have played/your work has played
in the wider peace process?
- Are there any lessons from your own experience and journey as a
peace-builder and community leader that you feel others could learn
- Has Northern Ireland/the North of Ireland/the Six Counties* (delete
as appropriate) any lessons for other areas around the world that
may have emerged from (or are about to emerge from) armed conflict?
- What do hope to gain from your participation in Journeys Out?
questionnaire | Biographies of
interviewees | Search
Journeys Out is funded by the European Union's
Peace and Reconciliation Programme 200-2006 under Measure 2.4 Pathways
in Inclusion, Integration and Reconciliation of Victims and managed
for the Special European Union Programmes Body by The Community Foundation
for Northern Ireland
For more information about Journeys Out please contact:
Tel: +44 (0) 28 7137 5575